We are looking for an organized and detail-oriented Accounting Specialist who will analyze financial information, maintain complete records while adhering to the strict standards of our organization.
An Accounting Specialist’s responsibilities include keeping accurate records of all incoming and outgoing payments, handling payroll tasks as required and assisting with preparing tax documents as needed.
Ultimately, you will ensure that invoices get paid and clients make good on their promises by keeping accurate records of both uncollected debts from customers.
- Speak with vendors and suppliers to ensure charges are accurate, and payments are received promptly
- Review financial reports
- Communicate with clients to discuss account statuses, charges or discrepancies
- Participate in ongoing education opportunities to learn about industry trends and developments
- Process payroll
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as an Accounting Specialist or similar role
- Understanding of accounting principles and current financial legislation
- Exceptional time management, communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong math and research skills
- Basic computer skills with knowledge of bookkeeping software
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is preferred